Thursday, January 18, 2007

Week 2 - The journey continues

This weeks gone by so fast, its been a bit of blur. Been working on some smaller tasks this week buts its still been quite fun, and I've got some interesting stuff lined up for next week. At Igloo, every Fridays 'pizza day' and I must say the distinctive taste of a squad pizza makes you crave for it all week, especially since its only 5.50 (Yes Im a bit of a tighs a**...) . But give it a couple of months and I assume I would've had it over my head.

As far as learning experience goes, all the designers here are quite exceptional at what they do. Which is a great motivational force to try and better myself to be on par with everyone. This jobs great and I'm really starting to get used to the early mornings and working for most of the day. My Mac (now equipped with my handy tokidoki Dunny vinyl toy ) is becoming easier and easier to use, not that I've ever doubted the intuitiveness of a Mac. Whilst it doesn't have the guy from the Mac Ad (or the guy from Ed as far as I'm concerned) greeting me every morning with 'Hello I'm a Mac!' I quite prefer it that way, or else I'd have to obligationarily beat him with a shut up stick. Anyway the Mac design is great!

Been working with more of that Web 2.0 look and hopefully I'll have full grasp of it soon. Also been opening up Flash all week and got access to some cool components, and been doing some more actionscripting as usual. By the end of this month hopefully I would've brushed up on all my skills set. The guys here are all still very friendly and very helpful its great. I got a feeling the pace is really going to pick up, so I might need to push myself soon. Also it almost slipped my mind! the Igloo Incubator book just got sent in yesterday and the quality of the book (physically and the work) looks really great and of a high calibre. I'm really glad that this is the enviornment that I'm surrounding myself in.

The learning curve is continuing *Insert an eskimo reading a design book in an Igloo here!

No comments: